Download the entire Syllabus or the Rules with your preferred performance discipline. With care, please review all Rules to avoid confusion and possible disqualification.
2. Based on provincial requirements there are updates to the Piano Concerto classes. It is also important that you know that the provincial piano concerto competition will be done with video recordings. As a result we are permitting the video recording of all piano concerti at the scheduled performance of the concerto in the hope that the WKMF adjudicator makes a positive recommendation that the competitor move forward to the provincial level.
3. During the Kiwanis Music Festival Windsor-Essex County, once an entrant is offered a recommendation to Provincial Competition by phone and email, that recommendation becomes null and void if it is not accepted within 24 hours after the offer is made by phone and email.
4. Reminder - the penalty fee for entries received after January 25, 2019 is $20.
5. Piano compositions identified as Studies by either the Canadian Conservatory or the Royal Conservatory of Music are NOT permitted in classes other than classes specifically for Studies.
6. Music Theatre competitors are no longer limited to the number of classes they enter. However, selections cannot be from the same time periods.
7. Brass and Woodwinds no longer have to perform from memory but it is highly recommended. It is not necessary at the provincial level. Competitors must provide their own music stand if they require one.
8. Voice --- Level/Grades are now identified individually. The festival committee reserves the right to combine classes if entry numbers are low. In any case the students will be evaluated on the expectations for their own Level/Grade.