The study of music has repeatedly been proven to be a stimulating and rewarding tool in the education process
ATTN: Senior Piano Teachers/Students
There has been a few changes to the schedule. Schedules have been re-emailed to your teacher. Please be aware. The Program Book will be available shortly and stands as the finalized schedule.
Take Note 2017
1. Read the rules and Syllabus carefully before registering to avoid errors in registration.
2. Announcing the Anniversary Awards celebrating Canada’s 150th Birthday, Windsor’s 125th Birthday and the Kiwanis Music Festival Windsor Essex County’s 70th Birthday! The top 3 marks in any discipline for entries in Canadian Composer classes.
3. During the Kiwanis Music Festival Windsor-Essex County, once an entrant is offered a recommendation to Provincial Competition by phone and email, that recommendation becomes null and void if it is not accepted within 24 hours after the offer is made by phone and email.
4. In an effort to discourage late entries, the penalty fee has been increased to $20 when an entry is received after the deadline of January 27, 2017.
5. In the event that a competitor has completed an RCM or CC exam in January of the festival year a competitor is still eligible to compete at that same level.
6. Piano compositions identified as Studies by either the Canadian Conservatory or the Royal Conservatory of Music are NOT permitted in classes other than classes specifically for Studies.
7. New award – Donald D. Brown Trophy for duet in any discipline.
8. Check for additional classes in Harp celebrating Canadian Composers.
9. Check for slight changes in the piano Concerto classes to reflect changes at the provincial level.continue reading
Check the details for our 2016 Awards Concert at the Capitol Theatre! May 18th at 7pm
2017 Music Festival Dates:
April 24 - 28, 2017 - Festival Performances for Strings, Guitar, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Voice, Choral, Mixed Ensembles, Harp.
May 1 - 5, 2017 - Festival Performances for Piano, Speech Arts and Drama.
Mid - Late February - All teachers will receive their Proofing emails to ensure that all their students are registered in the correct classes and that there are no typos.